As Henry & Paul is Pernod Ricard’s family, friends and staff website we adhere and adopt the broader business sustainability strategy.
Pernod Ricard is the only wine and spirits company globally to be recognised by the United Nations as a Global Compact Lead, demonstrating an ongoing commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and its Ten Principles for responsible business.
Pernod Ricard unveiled the 2030 Sustainability & Responsibility (S&R) Roadmap, as part of our Transform and Accelerate strategic business plan. Titled “Good times from a good place”, the roadmap is centred on four pillars:
- Nurturing Terroir: We nurture every terroir and its biodiversity and respond to the challenges of climate, to ensure quality ingredients now and for generations to come
- Valuing People: We increase diversity and fairness for all our people and empower people across our supply chain
- Circular Making: We minimise waste at every step by imagining, producing and distributing our products and experiences in ways that optimise and help preserve natural resources
- Responsible Hosting: We fight alcohol misuse by evolving our business and our marketing, taking action on harmful drinking and engaging with our stakeholders for real change
The roadmap gives us the structure and focus to drive us forward and ensure that we are meaningfully contributing to Pernod Ricard’s commitment that ‘We bring good times from a good place, to create a more convivial world, a world without excess’.
Our achievements so far...
As of September 2019, Pernod Ricard Winemakers has become the first large wine company in Australia to achieve 100% renewable electricity. The commitment was achieved ahead of schedule and will ensure that all wines from the iconic Australian wine brands Jacob’s Creek, St Hugo and Wyndham Estate will be produced using electricity from renewable sources. Achieving this goal demonstrates Pernod Ricard’s commitment to be a leader in sustainability and responsibility, as well as the importance it places on minimising impact on the communities where they operate, responding to the local climate and preserving the environment for future generations to come.
In addition, our internationally recognised brand; Absolut has incorporated sustainability as part of it’s mission for many years and is always striving for a more circular world in which resources are reused to benefit local economies, communities and ecosystems. In keeping with this mission, Absolut is launched a new limited edition bottle which, just like all Absolut bottles, is made with more than 41% recycled glass.
Eco-conscious Altos Tequila have always been dedicated to preserving the land of Arandas, the city in Mexico where agave is harvested. They’ve pioneered practices within the industry that reduces water consumption, waste and energy. Currently their practices generate 47% less water waste than the industry average, they also only use organic fertiliser and 98% of solid waste is recycled.
▪ South Australian Wine Industry Association Awards 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015 for ‘Environmental Excellence’ in the large winery category
▪ Drinks Business Green Awards – Green Company – Commendation 2018
▪ Drinks Business Green Awards - Amorim Biodiversity Award 2017